Healing Through Traditional Chinese Medicine
Welcome to Loveland Acupuncture LLC!
Have you ever wondered...
- what acupuncture really is,
- how it really works,
- and last but not least, what it can treat?
If you have, then you have landed on just the right site! My name is Jennifer Bao am a licensed practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine in beautiful Loveland, Colorado and I am passionate about acupuncture and its ability to heal the body.
What is Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is an umbrella title that covers a range of classical medical practices developed thousands of years ago in China. In Mandarin Chinese, it is referred to as Zhong Yi (中医) - "Zhong" for China/Chinese (中国) and "Yi" for Doctor or Medicine (医生). Now that you have learned a few Chinese characters, let's discuss what techniques a practitioner of TCM employs.
For starters, there is the practice of Acupuncture but what is not often known is that TCM acupuncturists also practice:
- traditional chinese body massage (tui na (推拿) and amma (按摩)),
- scraping (or gua sha) (刮痧),
- cupping (拔罐),
- prescribing Chinese Medicine (or herbal remedies),
- and making dietary recommendations.
Though all of the above-mentioned treatments differ in procedure, they have a common function, which is to harmonize or balance the body. And by body, I mean everything and in-between what we understand as our physical "body." Basically when your body is "not in balance" it manifests its dysfunction in the form of a disease. Let's take the actual word disease for example and break it down so that we can have a better understanding of the word itself:
"disease" broken down is simply "dis" & "ease"
Voilà!!...and so we have it, what we experience and call "disease" is basically when our body is in "dis" (or non) "ease." Interesting thought, right? Now if you consider something at 'ease' to be the same as something that is smooth, tranquil or in harmony, then it isn't too difficult to understand how an actual disease may arise when the body is no longer functioning in a harmonious state. This is where the Art of Acupuncture interjects!
ENJOY the Website!!
Jennifer Bao L.Ac. - The Loveland Acupuncture Practitioner
Intrigued? Want more??
No problem, feel free to send me an email (or call my office at 970-599-1027) so that I may address any other questions you have about Loveland Acupuncture.
- Loveland Acupuncture | Healing Through Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Loveland Acupuncture, providing natural health-care through the healing arts of Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Tui Na Massage.
- Loveland Acupuncture Blog
- The Loveland Acupuncture Blog will keep you "posted" with all the latest additions and changes to the Loveland-Acupuncture.com website. Subscribe here so you don't get left out!
- The Loveland Acupuncture Practitioner
- Loveland Acupuncture | Get to know, me, the Loveland acupuncture practitioner.
- Our Loveland Location
- Loveland Acupuncture | My Private Practice Location
- Schedule Your Loveland Acupuncture Treatment Here
- Loveland Acupuncture | Schedule Your Treatment Online...
- What is Acupuncture?
- Loveland Acupuncture | What is Acupuncture? - Get a better understanding of what acupuncture treatments consist of and how often you should receive treatments.
- Does Acupuncture Hurt?
- Loveland Acupuncture | Does Acupuncture Hurt? - Learn whether acupuncture really does cause pain or not...
- How Does Acupuncture Work?
- Loveland Acupuncture | How does acupuncture work? - Debunk the idea that acupuncture is "magic & voodoo" and get a better understanding of how it works.
- What does Acupuncture treat?
- Loveland Acupuncture | What does acupuncture treat? - Learn what the WHO & NIH list as common diseases that acupuncture can treat.
- Acupuncture Research
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture Research - Look at some of the latest research concerning recent, relevant health issues.
- How Many Acupuncture Treatments Do I need?
- Loveland Acupuncture | "How many acupuncture treatments do I need?" - Get a better idea of how many acupuncture treatments you should expect.
- Does My Insurance Cover Acupuncture?
- Loveland Acupuncture | Does My Insurance Cover Acupuncture?...
- Can I Use My HSA for Acupuncture?
- Loveland Acupuncture | Can I Use My HSA for Acupuncture?...
- Personal Injury Protection Covers Acupuncture Treatments?
- Loveland Acupuncture | Your Personal Injury Protection Covers Acupuncture Treatments...
- Is Acupuncture Just A Placebo?
- Loveland Acupuncture | Find out: Is Acupuncture just a placebo effect?...
- What is Qi?
- Loveland Acupuncture | What is Qi? - Get an understanding of what it is and its importance to our health...
- Fire Cupping Treatment
- Loveland Acupuncture | What is a Fire Cupping Treatment?
- Moxibustion Therapy
- Loveland Acupuncture | What is Moxibustion Therapy?
- Gua Sha Treatment
- Loveland Acupuncture | What is a 'Gua Sha Treatment' and why would an acupuncturist use this technique?
- Chinese Medicine and Herbal Remedies
- Loveland Acupuncture | Chinese Medicine and Herbal Remedies
- Acupuncture and Anxiety
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture and Anxiety - Relief for you Anxiety...
- Acupuncture for Digestive Issues
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture for Digestive Issues...
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - "Got Sleep?"
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture for Insomnia - Got Sleep?...
- Acupuncture and Pain Management
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture and Pain Management...Can it help?...
- Acupuncture for Children - Pediatric Acupuncture
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupuncture for Children - Pediatric Acupuncture
- Pregnancy Care with Acupuncture
- Loveland Acupuncture | Pregnancy Care with Acupuncture
- Loveland Acupuncture and Women Health
- Loveland Acupuncture | Loveland Acupuncture and Women Health Issues - Learn how acupuncture can help you and be the natural medicine you need...
- Qi Gong Exercise
- Loveland Acupuncture | Learn a simple Qi Gong exercise that will enhance your health and keep you energized.
- Acupressure for Labor Pain Relief
- Loveland Acupuncture | Acupressure for labor pain relief work wonders for your comfort!...